Call Now for Your Free Consultation
(305) 402-9050

How to Get Your Money Back After Financial Fraud

Brian Levin | 12.4.2023

Your Rights If You Were the Victim of a Fraudulent Scam

Were you the victim of investment fraud or another financial scam? You may be able to get your money back with the help of a qualified attorney. It is imperative that you speak to an attorney as early in the process as possible. An attorney can provide you with guidance on your legal options, including how to recover your losses. 

The national securities and investment fraud law firm, Levin Law, P.A. (“Levin Law”), represents individuals who have suffered losses related to financial fraud. Investors and other aggrieved parties may be entitled to take legal action. They are encouraged to contact Levin Law at (305) 402-9050 or email founder and managing partner Brian Levin directly at to schedule a free consultation. 

Ways to Get Your Money Back After Financial Fraud

There are several ways that you may be able to get your money back if you were the victim of financial fraud. It is within your best interest to consult with an attorney to determine the best course of action based on the circumstances of your case. 

If you sustained financial losses related to fraud, you may be able to:

  • Contact your financial institution - If the losses you sustained were through your bank, you may be able to contact the financial institution and report the fraud. In some cases, you may be reimbursed for your losses. The financial institution will generally investigate the fraud and decide whether to refund the money based on their findings.
  • Contact your credit card company - If you paid for the fraudulent scheme with your credit card, you should contact the credit card company and dispute the charges. Credit cards generally offer the most protection for consumers.
  • File a claim through FINRA - If you sustained losses related to investment fraud, you may be able to file a claim through the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). FINRA regulates broker-dealers and protects investors.
  • Contact the wire transfer company - Did you suffer losses in a wire transfer? You can contact the wire transfer company to report the fraud and potentially obtain reimbursement or to reverse the transaction.
  • File a civil lawsuit - Depending on the situation, you may be able to pursue legal action through a civil lawsuit. It is important to discuss your case with an attorney to determine if you have a valid claim for damages.
  • Report the fraud to regulatory agencies - Any fraud should be reported directly to the appropriate regulatory authority. There are a number of agencies that may be involved, including FINRA, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and others.
  • Report the fraud to law enforcement agencies - Another legal avenue may be through reporting the fraud to a law enforcement agency. There may be state laws that were violated as a result of the fraudulent activity.

Regardless of the situation, it is important to act quickly if you have been the victim of financial fraud. You may only have a limited amount of time to recover losses. 

Did You Suffer Losses Related to Financial Fraud? Contact Levin Law Today. 

If you suffered losses related to financial fraud, you may be entitled to recovery. Contact Levin Law to schedule a free case evaluation. Most cases are accepted on a contingency fee basis, meaning clients are not obligated to pay Levin Law attorney fees unless money is recovered on their behalf. Call (305) 402-9050 or email to get started. 

About Levin Law

Levin Law is a premier national cryptocurrency, securities, commodities, futures, and class action law firm. Brian Levin, Levin Law’s founding attorney, has helped recover in excess of $150,000,000 through arbitration and litigation for individual and institutional investors throughout the country and the rest of the world. Levin Law represents retirees, individual investors, high-net-worth investors, ultra-high-net-worth investors, institutions, family offices, trusts, publicly held companies, and others.

Share This Story
If you found the information provided in this article, consider sharing to your socials to help others in their search for reliable legal news.
Get In Touch

Get Your Free Consultation
(305) 402-9050
Our Office
Quick Links

Created By:

chevron-down linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram